University teams from around the world will be competing in the 2016 VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Student Entrepreneurship Event for the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Challenge Trophy and the $25,000 Grand Prize during the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Event in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, and in Washington, D.C., USA, August 11‑20, 2016.
The Global Student Student Entrepreneurship Challenge Presentations will be held in the Alumni Assembly Hall at the Inn at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Thursday, August 18, 2016. Admission to the Global Student Challenge Presentations is FREE and available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, go to our Regional Registration page.
Our panel of judges for the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Entrepreneurship are:
- Eva Doss, President and CEO of The Launch Place
- Gregory W. Feldmann, President of Skyline Capital Strategies
- Carol W. Hamilton, Director for the Center for Entrepreneurship, College of Business at James Madison University
- Will Karbach, CEO of The Branch Group, Inc.
- Christopher ‘Kit’ Lisle, Founder and Managing Partner of Acclaro Growth Partners
- Robert McAden, Senior Business Operations Manager of Rackspace
- Dr. Dan Sable, Founder and CEO of VPT, Inc.
Please see photos and read biographies of our Panel of Judges for the 2016 Global Student Entrepreneurship Presentations. (PDF)
The VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Event offers university students and faculty from all over the world a chance to collaborate, form partnerships, build their global networks, and congregate in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., USA.
The Global Partnership is an ongoing cooperative association of regions building permanent social, academic, and commercial relationships with each other, for mutual long-term advantage. Members of the partnership gather annually during a Global Partnership event hosted by VT KnowledgeWorks, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech, and citizens and businesses of the Roanoke-Blacksburg region.
The Seventh Annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Event will be held August 11-20, 2016.
- Register for Tastes & Sounds of the Valleys
- Mark your calendars for Thursday, August 18, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, to get a seat at the Global Student Challenge Presentations. Attendance is free on a first-come, first-served availability. Details here.
- View the Global Partnership category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- View the Global Student Entrepreneurship Challenge category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks Sponsors
Allegheny Logistics Group, Automation Creations, Inc., BAE Systems, BB&T, The Branch Group, Inc., Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP, Carilion Clinic, Celanese, CIT GAP Funds, City of Roanoke, First Bank & Trust Company, G.J. Hopkins, Inc., National Bank, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Plastics One Inc., PowerSchool Assessment & Analytics, Rackspace, Shentel, SimulTV, SMBW, SunTrust Bank , TechLab, Third Security, Town of Blacksburg, Town of Christiansburg, Union Bank & Trust, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech’s Outreach and International Affairs, VPT, Inc., and Wordsprint.