The City of Roanoke, Virginia is rich in history, community spirit, and natural beauty. With a population of almost 99,000, you will find an incomparable mix of urban sophistication and down-home charm in our city. A six-time All-America City and the largest city on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Roanoke has an impressive array of arts, outdoor opportunities, and cultural amenities as well as an aggressive economic strategy to attract business development.
Thank you, City of Roanoke, Virginia, for sponsoring VT KnowledgeWorks including the 2015 Global Partnership Week!
The VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week offers university students and faculty from all over the world a chance to collaborate, form partnerships, build their global networks, and congregate in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, USA. The Global Partnership is an ongoing cooperative association of regions building permanent social and academic relationships with each other, for mutual long-term advantage. Members of the partnership gather annually during a week-long Global Partnership event hosted by VT KnowledgeWorks, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech, and citizens and businesses of the Roanoke-Blacksburg region.
- Here’s a first look at the schedule of events for the 2015 Global Partnership Week!
- Mark your calendars for Thursday, August 20, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, to get a seat at the Global Student Challenge Presentations. Attendance is free on a first-come, first-served availability. Details here.
- Join us Friday, August 21, 5:30 – 8:30 PM, for the Tastes and Sounds of the Valleys Reception at The Hotel Roanoke to celebrate with our global participants. Ticket information available here.
- View the Global Partnership category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- View the Global Student Business Concept Challenge category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks Sponsors
Automation Creations, Inc., BAE Systems, BB&T, The Branch Group, Inc., Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP, CIT GAP Funds, City of Roanoke, Fox 21/27, G.J. Hopkins, Inc., Interactive Achievement, Inc., Meridium, Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, National Bank, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Plastics One Inc., Rackspace, Shentel, SimulTV, SunTrust Bank , TechLab, Third Security, Town of Blacksburg, Town of Christiansburg, Union First Market Bank, UXB International, Inc., Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech’s Outreach and International Affairs, VPT, Inc, Wordsprint