VT KnowledgeWorks wants to acknowledge and thank our 2017 sponsors who make possible the various programs and events we offer each year such as:
- Global Entrepreneurship Challenge Semifinals, awarding $25,000 in scholarships to Virginia Tech students, including:
- $5,000 Plastics One Advanced Manufacturing Award for the most outstanding tangible product
- $5,000 VT KnowledgeWorks Information Technology Award for the most outstanding intangible product or service
- $10,000 awarded as an additional grand prize for one of the two teams that receive the Advanced Manufacturing Award or the Information Technology Award
- $5,000 People’s Choice Award sponsored by Virginia Tech Pamplin College of Business
- Global Challenge Virtual Preliminary, giving one student team from anywhere in the world $5,000 in air travel reimbursement for a chance to compete on a world stage at the Global Student Entrepreneurship Challenge
- Global Student Entrepreneurship Challenge, awarding $40,000 in cash prizes, including:
- $10,000 Plastics One Advanced Manufacturing Award for the most outstanding tangible product
- $10,000 VT KnowledgeWorks Information Technology Award for the most outstanding intangible product or service
- $15,000 awarded as an additional grand prize for one of the two teams that receive the Advanced Manufacturing Award or the Information Technology Award
- $5,000 People’s Choice Award sponsored by Virginia Tech’s Outreach and International Affairs
- The Entrepreneurship Option workshop, an interactive workshop to help one identify what it takes and what it means to be a true entrepreneur instead of an employee
Our generous 2017 VT KnowledgeWorks sponsors who make this all possible are:
Allegheny Logistics Group, Automation Creations, Inc., BAE Systems, BB&T, The Branch Group, Inc., Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP, Carilion Clinic, Celanese, City of Roanoke, Common Wealth Growth Group, EDC, G.J. Hopkins, Inc., National Bank, Plastics One Inc., Rackspace, Roanoke – Blacksburg Technology Council, Shentel, SMBW, SunTrust Bank, TechLab, Third Security, Town of Blacksburg, Town of Christiansburg, Union Bank & Trust, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech’s Outreach and International Affairs, VPT, Inc., and Wordsprint.
Stay connected with us and the VT KnowledgeWorks events offered in 2017 at www.vtknowledgeworks.com/event/calendar.
For more information contact Jim Flowers, Executive Director of VT KnowledgeWorks, at 540-443-9100, extension 1 or at [email protected].
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters is in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.