VT KnowledgeWorks is holding a Startup Readiness Workshop on Friday, February 6th on the Virginia Tech campus, ICTAS Kelly Hall, Suite 310, 325 Stranger Street, from 12 – 4PM.
This workshop helps prospective entrepreneurs test the strategic essence of their business concept, tighten up on managerial focus, and review the overall business start-up process. Also, get the details on how your innovation might win you up to $40,000 by participating in the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Challenge Semifinals.
Who should attend? Anyone considering the launch of a technology-based business.
- Inventors with exciting technological developments
- University faculty members with revolutionary research results
- Web developers with fresh business concepts
- Career shifters thinking about starting a company
When you should attend? Very early in the planning process.
- When your business concepts are still forming
- Before you incorporate, write a business plan or launch a web site
- Before you spend any significant time or personal money
What you’ll learn…
- The Four Fundamental Factors that govern startup success
- The Strategic Essence of every successful business
- Five Powerful Habits used by good managers
- The power of full Commitment
- How the Money really moves around
- The MOXIE secrets
- What it is
- Why you need it
- Where it comes from
For more information contact Jim Flowers, Executive Director of VT KnowledgeWorks, at 540-443-9100, extension 1 or at [email protected].
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks Sponsors
Automation Creations, Inc., BAE Systems, BB&T, The Branch Group, Inc., Brown, Edwards & Company, LLP, City of Roanoke, Fox 21/27, G.J. Hopkins, Inc., Interactive Achievement, Inc., Meridium, Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, National Bank, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Phoenix Packaging Operations, Plastics One Inc., Shentel, SunTrust Bank , TechLab, Third Security, Town of Blacksburg, Town of Christiansburg, Union First Market Bank, UXB International, Inc., Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech’s Outreach and International Affairs, VPT, Inc, Wordsprint