The Fifth Annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week held on August 17-23, 2014, provided a unique opportunity for student teams and faculty from all over the world to collaborate and initiate their personal global networks through learning, socialization, and friendly competition. The event received much publicity from local news organizations. Videos of the Global Student Business Concept Challenge finalist presentations are now available on the VTKW YouTube channel! Please visit the VTKW Facebook page for photos of the event.
- The Roanoke Star – VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Winners Announced, August 25, 2014
- The Roanoke Times – International entrepreneurs present business concepts for $25,000, August 23, 2014
- Virginia Business – Italian team wins international business concept competition, August 22, 2014
- Streetwise Media and InTheCapital – A Virginia Tech App Will Lead You to Open Spaces in Crowded Parking Lots, August 21, 2014
- Virginia Tech News – Virginia Tech students hope parking app will net $25,000 prize, August 20, 2014
- Virginia Business – Global student business competition is growing, July 30, 2014
- WSLS – Competition brings students from across country to Roanoke, August 22, 2014
- FOX 21/27 Morning News – VT KnowledgeWorks 2014 Global Student Challenge, August 11, 2014, plus highlighted on the FOX 21/27 Morning News, August 22, 2014
- Virginia Tech’s Office of Outreach and International Affairs – Student-created parking app aims for world title, August 15, 2014
- Finalist Presentations of the Global Student Business Concept Challenge – available soon on the VT KnowledgeWorks YouTube Channel.
Watch the video here for a summary of Global Partnership Week events!
All of the Fifth Annual Global Partnership Week news may also be reviewed here.
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks Sponsors
Allegheny Logistics Group, Automation Creations, Inc., BAE Systems, Bloomfield Partners, LLC, The Branch Group, Inc., Brown, Edwards & Company, City of Roanoke, Fox 21/27, G.J. Hopkins, Inc., Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, Interactive Achievement, Inc., Latimer Intellectual Property Law, LLC, Meridium, Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Phoenix Packaging Operations, Rackspace, Shentel, SunTrust Bank , TechLab, Third Security, Town of Blacksburg, Town of Christiansburg, Union First Market Bank, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech Outreach and International Affairs, VPT, Inc, Wordsprint.