The Tastes & Sounds of the Valleys Reception takes place 5:30-8:30 p.m., Wednesday, August 20, Crystal Ballroom, The Hotel Roanoke
Participate in the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week by celebrating our growing place in the global community and welcoming international guests to the Roanoke-Blacksburg region!
Benefits to attending the August 20th reception:
- Expand your personal network and make new friends from other countries.
- Mix and mingle with business leaders and attendees from the Roanoke-Blacksburg region.
- Celebrate entrepreneurship as we recognize student teams competing in the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge for the $25,000 grand prize and trophy.
- Enjoy food and an open bar at The Hotel Roanoke.
- Observe a special performance by the Blue Ridge Mountain Cloggers and music provided by The Floorboards.
- Receive special rates of $117/night or $137/night for double occupancy at The Hotel Roanoke by calling 1-5.40-985-5900 and requesting the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership rate
The Global Student Business Concept Challenge takes place 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21, The Hotel Roanoke. Observe student teams compete in a Student Business Concept Challenge for the $25,000 grand prize and trophy. It’s free to attend but you must register in advance.
To learn more about the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week, visit our website at www.vtkwglobal.com.
Our global students need local beds! We invite you to be a Global Host Family.
The Fifth Annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week will be held August 17 – 23, 2014.
- Respond to the invitation to serve as a Global Host Family
- Register for Tastes & Sounds of the Valleys
- Here’s a first look at the schedule of events for the 2014 Global Partnership Week!
- Mark your calendars for Thursday, August 21, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM, to get a seat at the Global Student Challenge Presentations. Attendance is free on a first-come, first-served availability. Details here.
- Join our sponsors
- View the Global Partnership category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- View the Global Student Business Concept Challenge category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks Sponsors
Allegheny Logistics Group, Automation Creations, Inc., BAE Systems, Bloomfield Partners, LLC, The Branch Group, Inc., Brown, Edwards & Company, City of Roanoke, Fox 21/27, G.J. Hopkins, Inc., Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, Interactive Achievement, Inc., Latimer Intellectual Property Law, LLC, Meridium, Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Phoenix Packaging Operations, Rackspace, Shentel, SunTrust Bank , TechLab, Third Security, Town of Blacksburg, Town of Christiansburg, Union First Market Bank, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech Outreach and International Affairs, VPT, Inc, Wordsprint.