VT KnowledgeWorks is pleased to announce that P&P Coating has been awarded a $25,000 “Running Start” loan as part of the Spring 2014 Game Changers Challenge.
Finalists selected by VT KnowledgeWorks staff made 15-minute presentations to the Running Start Committee on their proposed new ventures. The Game Changers Challenge is for any aspiring entrepreneur or entrepreneurial team and is open to all who meet the following criteria:
- The product or service to be provided by the venture must either be consumed (not simply re-marketed) by another business, or be integrated into a more complex end-product for downstream sale.
- The targeted buyers must constitute a relatively narrow demographic niche that can be addressed with limited resources.
- The proposed product or service must powerfully address some widely acknowledged niche need.
- High leverage must be obtained by the $25,000 (not just the first $25,000 out of a $1M needed for launch, for instance).
- The entrepreneurial team must be able to fill the technology leadership roles in the proposed venture.
- The team must be committed to locating business operations in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
- Any intellectual property related to the enterprise must be appropriately owned or licensed by the enterprise.
The next Game Changers Challenge will be held in the fall of 2014. For more information contact Jim Flowers, Executive Director of VT KnowledgeWorks, at 540-443-9100, extension 1 or at [email protected]
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks Sponsors
Allegheny Logistics Group, Automation Creations, Inc., BAE Systems, The Branch Group, Inc., Brown, Edwards & Company, City of Roanoke, Fox 21/27, G.J. Hopkins, Inc., Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, Interactive Achievement, Inc., Latimer Intellectual Property Law, LLC, Meridium, Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, NetVentures, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Phoenix Packaging Operations, Rackspace, Shentel, SunTrust Bank , TechLab, Third Security, Town of Blacksburg, Town of Christiansburg, Union First Market Bank, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Virginia Tech Outreach and International Affairs, VPT, Inc, Wordsprint.