VT KnowledgeWorks will host a Startup Readiness Workshop on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 in Blacksburg, Virginia at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center. The full-day workshop helps prospective entrepreneurs test the strategic essence of their business concepts, tighten up on managerial focus, and review the overall business start-up process.
Who should attend? Anyone considering the launch of a technology-based business.
- Inventors with exciting technological developments
- University faculty members with revolutionary research results
- Web developers with fresh business concepts
- Career shifters thinking about starting a company
How much does it cost? Much less than a failed launch.
- $75: Student
- $150: Single attendee
- $250: Two partners from the same company
- $350: Three partners from the same company
Register online here. The registration deadline is February 5, 2013.
Additional dates for Startup Readiness Workshops:
- February 28, 2013 – Lynchburg (Learn more about the Lynchburg event here.)
- April 24, 2013 – Blacksburg
- October 3, 2013 – Blacksburg
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks corporate sponsors include Attaain, Inc., BB&T, Harris Office Furniture, Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, Latimer IP Law, LLC , LeClairRyan, New River Valley IP Law, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), The Branch Group, and Wordsprint.