Why create a business presence at the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center?
- One day’s drive from two-thirds of the USA population
- Excellent transportation infrastructure (rail, air, truck)
- Convenient regional airport with direct or one-change access to most internal USA markets
- Very low cost of doing business with cost of living at 85% of the national average
- Named “Best Practice in Technology Transfer and Regional Research Centers” by the National Council for Urban Economic Development; “Excellence in Technology Led Economic Development” by the U.S. Economic Development Administration; and “Outstanding Research Park in 2010” by the Association of University Research Parks (AURP)
- Two major universities and one community college with Virginia Tech ranked in the Top 55 Research Universities in the country
- Blacksburg, Virginia and the surrounding region has been named a “5-star Business Opportunity Metro” by Expansion Magazine and, “Best Small Place for Business” by Forbes Magazine
The VT KnowledgeWorks Global Landing Pad provides a low-cost, high-quality workspace experience for businesses desiring to set up an office in the USA. Until now, having a presence to conduct business in the United States has required a commitment of money, time and effort that challenges most small- to medium-sized companies. That has changed with the launch of the Global Landing Pad in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
Read more about the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Landing Pad (.pdf).
The VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership is a multi-layered, ongoing cooperative association of regions building permanent social, academic, and business relationships.
The Fourth Annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week will be held August 18 – 24, 2013. The annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week brings university students, faculty, and staff from all over the world together to congregate, collaborate, form partnerships, and build their global networks.
For more information about the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Landing Pad, the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership, and the VTKW Global Partnership Week 2013, please contact Lindsey Eversole, Global Partnership Manager, VT KnowledgeWorks, at email@example.com.
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks corporate sponsors include Attaain, Inc., BB&T, Handshake 2.0, Harris Office Furniture, Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, LeClairRyan, New River Valley IP Law, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), The Branch Group, and Wordsprint.