The VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge is Thursday, August 23, 2012, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM in the Washington Lecture Hall at The Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center in Roanoke, Virginia.
Global Student Business Concept Challenge Agenda
- 8:00 a.m. – Registration
- 8:15 a.m. – Welcome Address
Global Student Challenge Presentations
10 minute presentation; 10 minutes for panelist feedback
- 8:30 a.m. – VIBEAT, Michaela Naszada, Jennifer North, Jozef Streženec, Philipp Zbornik
- 8:55 a.m. – VersiCool, Mayank Kalra, Annelies Tjebbes
- 9:20 a.m. – H&C Medical Tourism, Alejandro Nava Cavazo, Adriana Ivonne Castro Reyes
9:45 a.m. – 10 minute break
- 9:55 a.m. – METACOLORS, Gleb Mikulich, Luca Mirabella, Jing Zhu
- 10:20 a.m. – SafeFiber, Evelien Van Hoeylandt, Maaike Reybroeck, Dries Segers, Tim Vanderhaegen
- 10:45 a.m. – The Specialty Coffee Roaster (La Tostadora), Iliana Delgado Chegwin
11:15 a.m. – Lunch in Crystal Ballroom, A through C, Hotel Roanoke
12:30 p.m. – Global Student Challenge Presentations Continued
- 12:30 p.m. – Explee, Morgan Giraud, Thomas Olivier
- 12:55 p.m. – YouFolio, Ingrid Christ, Kayvon Nikbakhshian
- 1:20 p.m. – vir.togs, Sharon Lew, Muhammad Ashraf Lisman, Siti Soraya Nordin, Siti Fatimah Sariman, Jun Rong Wong
1:45 p.m.– 10 minute break
- 1:55 p.m. – Memory Juice, Lawson Thomas Emanuel, George Johnston, Christopher John Laughton
- 2:20 p.m. – Nixpic, Ignacio Parada, Max Rencoret
- 2:45 p.m. – @Village, Xu Fangpei, Cheng Junlu, Hou Qunlei, Dong Shihao, Ye Ting
- 3:10 p.m. – CARmunity, Alice Batts, Lucy Burne, Vanessa Elias, Megan Williams
3:35 p.m. – Conclude Global Student Challenge Presentations
3:50 p.m. – Depart on the Smart Way Bus at Hotel Roanoke for Blacksburg
5:10 p.m. – Pick-up by host families at Squires Student Center on Virginia Tech's campus
- How to follow the Global Student Challenge on the live streaming channel: VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Challenge Live Stream Channel
- How to follow and share news of the Global Student Challenge via social media
- List of competing teams and their business concepts
Citizens of the New River and Roanoke Valleys of Virginia and beyond are invited to attend the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge free of charge – and to share about it! – on Thursday, August 23, 2012, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM in the Washington Hall at The Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center in Roanoke, Virginia. Please register here to attend the Global Challenge.
For more information, please call 540-443-9100 or email [email protected].
These generous sponsors make this very special VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week of education, competition, relaxation, and relationship building possible: The Allegheny Logistics Group, CCS-Inc., Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, G.J. Hopkins Inc., Interactive Achievement, Inc., NetVentures, Novozymes, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Rackspace, SAIC, Shentel, StellarOne Bank, SunTrust Bank, TechLab, Third Security, The Branch Group Inc., Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, and VPT, Inc.
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, funded through the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters is in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks sponsors include Attaain, Inc., BB&T, The Branch Group, Handshake 2.0, Harris Office Furniture, Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, LeClairRyan, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and The Becher Agency (TBA).