University teams will be competing in the 2012 VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge during the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, USA, August 19-25, 2012.
VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge Showcase of Teams
University of Trento – Trento, Italy
Business concept and description:
- Falsification of products is a real threat to the protection of the intellectual property of innovative companies. Methods that range from the creation of holograms to special logos have been implemented to protect goods; however, their effectiveness has been variable against the concrete and important surge in the labeling costs. MetaColoursGuard is a new revolutionary method of printing protection against falsification. This method is based on the inability of human eyes to see the differences between two colors which are produced by two different printing technologies. MCG lets producers guard their goods with a relatively high degree of protection and low initial investments. This method does not require any changes in the production process and can be applied in a short period of time.
Pictured left to right: Jing Zhu, Gleb Mikulich, Luca Mirabella
The University of Trento Team will be competing in the 2012 VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge for the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Challenge Trophy and the $25,000 Grand Prize during the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, USA, August 19-25, 2012.
The third annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week will bring university students, faculty, and staff from all over the world together to congregate, collaborate, form partnerships, and build their global networks. The Global Partnership is a multi-layered, ongoing cooperative association of regions building permanent social, academic, and business relationships.
- Register for Tastes and Sounds of the Valleys, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM, Wednesday, August 22, 2012
- Be a global host family
- Learn more about the VT KnowledgeWorks Partnership Week
- Read the announcement of the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week 2012
- Download the free VT KnowledgeWorks Global Directory for the Android or for iPhone or other iOS devices
- View more about the Global Partnership category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- View more about the Global Student Business Concept Challenge on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- Join our sponsors
These generous sponsors make this very special week of education, competition, relaxation, and relationship building possible: The Allegheny Logistics Group, CCS-Inc., Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, G.J. Hopkins Inc., Interactive Achievement, Inc., NetVentures, Novozymes, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Rackspace, SAIC, Shentel, StellarOne Bank, SunTrust Bank, TechLab, Third Security, The Branch Group Inc., Virginia Tech, Virginia Corporate Research Center, and VPT, Inc.
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, funded through the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters is in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks sponsors include Attaain, Inc., BB&T, The Branch Group, Handshake 2.0, Harris Office Furniture, Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, LeClairRyan, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and The Becher Agency (TBA).