University teams will be competing in the 2012 VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge during the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, USA, August 19-25, 2012.
VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge Showcase of Teams
Ghent University – Ghent, Belgium
Business concept and description:
- SafeFiber is a manufacturer of extremely strong fibers, comparable to Kevlar fibers. However, there is one major difference: the raw materials are natural waste products that will be transformed into green, durable fibers. We are pioneers in this sector for producing green fibers and intend to supply B2B. If we want to keep supplying the world with all the necessary goods, every company will have to adopt more sustainable and renewable technologies.
Dries Segers , Maaike Reybroeck, Evelien Van Hoeylandt, Tim Vanderhaegen of The Ghent University Team will be competing in the 2012 VT KnowledgeWorks Global Student Business Concept Challenge for the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Challenge Trophy and the $25,000 Grand Prize during the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia, USA, August 19-25, 2012.
The third annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week will bring university students, faculty, and staff from all over the world together to congregate, collaborate, form partnerships, and build their global networks. The Global Partnership is a multi-layered, ongoing cooperative association of regions building permanent social, academic, and business relationships.
- Register for Tastes and Sounds of the Valleys, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM, Wednesday, August 22, 2012
- Be a global host family
- Learn more about the VT KnowledgeWorks Partnership Week
- Read the announcement of the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week 2012
- Download the free VT KnowledgeWorks Global Directory for the Android or for iPhone or other iOS devices
- View more about the Global Partnership category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- View more about the Global Student Business Concept Challenge on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- Join our sponsors
These generous sponsors make this very special week of education, competition, relaxation, and relationship building possible: The Allegheny Logistics Group, CCS-Inc., Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, G.J. Hopkins Inc., Interactive Achievement, Inc., NetVentures, Novozymes, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Rackspace, SAIC, Shentel, StellarOne Bank, SunTrust Bank, TechLab, Third Security, The Branch Group Inc., Virginia Tech, Virginia Corporate Research Center, and VPT, Inc.
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, funded through the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters is in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks sponsors include Attaain, Inc., BB&T, The Branch Group, Handshake 2.0, Harris Office Furniture, Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, LeClairRyan, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and The Becher Agency (TBA).