Organizations that are intentional about building strategic partnerships can create unifying endeavors that achieve new and previously unimagined results. Too often, though, organizations enter into partnerships that appear to have great potential initially but over time the partnership breaks down and the opportunity for innovative results is lost.
What are the fundamental actions partnership organizations must address in the early stages of co-creation?
- Indicate clearly how the partnership addresses urgent strategic marketplace needs.
- Identify clear expectations for what, why and how the project will be shaped and guided.
- Verify high engagement and commitment by the designated leaders.
- Craft clear consistent leadership messages across all partner organizations.
- Develop clear understanding of the cultural gaps that must be bridged in terms of both people practices and work processes.
- Identify clear group aspirations for the project results and how the project will be conducted.
- Develop clear data sets that establish existing and future desired measureable results.
WilderWeber Leadership Group is a business consulting firm dedicated to helping leaders build sustainable advantage by facilitating change initiatives that deliver competitive marketplace focus and amplify organizational effectiveness.
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters is in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks sponsors include Attaain, Inc., BB&T, The Branch Group, Handshake 2.0, Harris Office Furniture, Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, LeClairRyan, New River Valley Intellectual Property Law, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) and The Becher Agency (TBA).