Here are my reasons:
The opportunity cost of not going. What fact, what theory, what perspective offered at Concept Camp might have been crucial to the success of my business–that I missed by not going?! The purpose of Concept Camp is to test the business viability of ideas, or to refine business models of new start-ups. I gotta have that.
Jim Flowers, Director of VT KnowledgeWorks. In my work with him, his questions, his leadership, his ideas, his knowledge have been inspiring and invaluable. More, please.
Colleagues. My experience with retreats and immersion experiences is that a distinctive camaraderie can develop. If consciously maintained, it can result in great creativity, even power. I so hope after Concept Camp that my fellow attendees and I are a team, a graduating class, a cohort, some embodiment, however loose or informal, that allows us to continue to serve as each other’s sounding boards and proponents.
Early Look. Whatever an “Early Look summary concept homework document” is, I’m doing it. (See “Bonus Benefits” below.) I welcome a peek at it by “potential investors and strategic allies.” One never knows…
The price is right: “Cheaper than a failed launch.”
I’m going to Concept Camp. Want to come with me?
The next session of Concept Camp starts Wednesday, September 17, 2008 after dinner, and finishes on Friday, September 19, 2008 after lunch.
…two days of focused retreat at the Mountain Lake Resort.
- Check-in after dinner on Wednesday evening. Meet your fellow campers and prepare mentally for a busy day-and-a-half.
- Camp begins with breakfast at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- A full day of stimulating topics and activities ends at 9:00 p.m.
- Camp re-convenes with breakfast at 7:30 a.m. on Friday morning.
- Another action-packed morning completes the curriculum.
- Camp ends with lunch on Friday.
- Generous breaks allow time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and still keep up with your existing responsibilities.
…for all those who move ahead.
- If you complete the Early Look summary concept homework document, it will be reviewed, edited, and returned to you promptly.
- Your completed Early Look will be passed on to our Technology Partners (potential investors and strategic allies) immediately upon your entry into the VT KnowledgeWorks program.
Concept Camp is sponsored by Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., a financial and accounting services firm. For more information on Concept Camp, contact VT KnowledgeWorks Member Services Manager Lindsey Eversole, [email protected].