In two months, the world is coming to our valleys. Let's show what we've got.
Start up the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week in style with unique food and music from the Roanoke and New River Valleys of Virginia. Help introduce our Valleys to an audience of students, university faculty, and leaders from all over the world as we celebrate our growing place in the global community.
Kick back for a late-summer soirée on Wednesday, August 21, 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM at The Hotel Roanoke as we welcome the world with the Tastes & Sounds of the Valleys Reception, which includes live performances by acoustic quartet Windfall and the Blue Ridge Mountain Cloggers.
- $75/person: General Reception Admission, which includes food, drinks, live performances, and the chance to build your global network!
- $135/person: VIP Package, which includes admission to the reception, plus registration to the Global Student Challenge Presentations and luncheon at The Hotel Roanoke on Wednesday and Thursday, August 21-22 respectively.
Make a trip out of it by booking your hotel room reservations at The Hotel Roanoke and receive our special rates of $115/night or $135/night for double occupancy. Book your hotel room reservation online here or call 1-540-985-5900.
Tastes and Sounds of the Valleys Reception
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
For more information about the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership, and the VTKW Global Partnership Week 2013, please contact Lindsey Eversole, Global Partnership Manager, VT KnowledgeWorks, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week offers university students and faculty from all over the world a chance to collaborate, form partnerships, build their global networks, and congregate in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia. During this week-long celebration, elite student teams compete in a Global Student Business Concept Challenge as they pitch their business ideas for a $25,000 prize.
The Fourth Annual VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week will be held August 18 - 24, 2013.
- Respond to the invitation to serve as a Global Host Family
- Register for Tastes & Sounds of the Valley
- Register to view the Global Student Challenge Presentations
- Join our sponsors
- View the Global Partnership category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- View the Global Student Business Concept Challenge category on Inside VT KnowledgeWorks
- Learn more about the VT KnowledgeWorks Partnership Week
- View the VT KnowledgeWorks Global Partnership Week Flyer (.pdf)
Our Global Partnership Sponsors include Allegheny Logistics Group, BAE Systems, CCS-Inc., G.J. Hopkins Inc., Interactive Achievement, Inc., Meridium, Montgomery County, Virginia Economic Development Department, Rackspace, Phoenix Packaging Operations, SAIC, Shentel, StellarOne Bank,SunTrust, TechLab, Third Security, The Branch Group Inc., Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, VPT, Inc.
VT KnowledgeWorks encourages and enables creative entrepreneurship world-wide, through innovative curriculum, local business resource centers, and a global network of cooperating regions, all focused on three essential contributors to success: clear understanding of fundamental business principles; access to timely, relevant information; and meaningful personal and corporate relationships. It is a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center, supported by the continuing confidence and enthusiasm of its clients, sponsors and friends, both corporate and individual. Its world headquarters are in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
VT KnowledgeWorks corporate sponsors include Attaain, Inc., BB&T, Harris Office Furniture, Hodges, Jones & Mabry, P.C., Hutchison Law Group, Latimer IP Law, LLC LeClairRyan, New River Valley IP Law, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), The Branch Group, and Wordsprint.